Open Home Dates:
It is rare to find a home which has been so lovingly maintained and updated, bringing art deco features into the 21st century. You will warm to 15 Tweed Street immediately with its charming street appeal, white picket fences and private block. Thoughtfully updated and extended, no expense has been spared in carefully maintaining these character features while also offering the conveniences you would expect of a modern family home.
* Three bedrooms, each with built-in storage;
* Two bathrooms and two living areas;
* Large outdoor entertaining area;
* Multipurpose space which has been previously used as a media room or a home office;
* Conveniently located in the heart of Ashgrove, within a 5.2km radius of the CBD.
Upon entering the home, you will find the combined living and dining area, overlooking the freshly landscaped gardens and boasting character features such as brushbox timber flooring and original ornate cornices. Open the restored leadlight casement windows and rear French doors to enjoy abundant natural light and gentle breezes.
What the owners have loved most about this home is how easy it is to live in, and the clever layout. The central kitchen encourages a strong connection between indoor and outdoor space. Aside from the modern stainless steel appliances, the bifold windows open out to the undercover entertaining area ensuring easy catering for family and friends. Hosting guests will be a pleasure throughout the year, as the outdoor area is covered and feels intimately private due to the established gardens and neighbour-free aspect.
All bedrooms are ducted with zoned air-conditioning. The master bedroom is queen sized with deep floor-to-ceiling storage. Neighbouring this is the main bathroom, with shower over bathtub. The remaining bedrooms are serviced by a new two-way bathroom, and include built-in wardrobes.
One of the most unique features of this property is the multipurpose studio. This large room includes air-conditioning, ceiling fan, and 1.2m deep shelving. Currently utilised as a media room, this space would be ideal for a home office or install a ensuite to create a self-contained fourth bedroom.
The location - close to quality local schools, public transport, and recreational facilities - makes this a desirable home for the young or growing family. The owners have purchased elsewhere, so this is your opportunity to benefit from their careful renovations; this property will be sold at auction, if not prior, so contact Kathleen Luck to secure your inspection today.
Additional features include:
* Landscaped front and rear garden;
* Double garage with bike racks, lockable storage, and workman's bench;
* New guttering, updated roof tiles, and wool insulation;
* Recently painted inside and out;
* Double brick construction and solar panels contribute to reduced energy bills;
* Internal laundry and linen cupboard;
* Back2Base security system and wireless sensors.
The location is great to access schools, transport and nearby family parks:
(distances are approximate. Sourced from Translink and Google Maps)
* A moments' walk to Oakleigh Primary School and C&K Community Preschool;
* 101m walk to Bus Stop 33 (Route 372) to Brisbane City;
* 418m walk to Wardell Street bus stop (Route 350) to Brisbane City;
* 700m walk to Famished on Frasers, a bustling local café;
* 827m walk to Dorrington Park and the family walking and bike tracks;
* 1km drive to Marist College Ashgrove;
* 1.8km walk to Banks Street Reserve;
* 5 minute drive (2km) to the Ashgrove Woolworths shopping precinct and Highgrove Point;
* 4 minute drive (1.8Km) to Mt. St. Michaels Girls College;
* 6 minute drive (2.8km) to Ashgrove State School;
* 7 minute drive (3.2km) to Mater Dei Primary School;
* Property sits within a 5.2km rim of Brisbane City.
|Land Size||602 sqm|
|Water supply||Town supply|
|Video Tour Url:||https://youtu.be/KNwYkk3XYnU|